Friday, October 8, 2010

College Football: Week 6 Picks

The early games treated me well (4-1). The late games, not so much (1-3 including a 1.5-point loss on the Boise State over.) Still, I'll take a 5-4 week which pushes me to 10 games over .500 on the young season.
 
I don't see many opportunities this week, but here are the ones I do:
 
Temple +3.5 - The Owls have played better against tougher competition than Northern Illinois has. They are also 2-0 as a 'dog this year. Small sample size, I know, but I'm riding the hot team.
 
Oregon / Washington State Over 70 - This is the largest "over" I can remember taking, but with the combination of Oregon's historically great offense and Washington State's abysmal defense, the Ducks might run up 70 by themselves.
 
Miami -6 - I said it earlier this year when FSU played Oklahoma: until the Seminoles beat a quality opponent, I'm betting against them. 
 
Best Bet: Oregon State +10 - The Beavers have been playing solid football. Their only two losses came against top-5 teams - Boise State and TCU - and Ryan Katz seems to be gaining confidence.
 
Upset: Pittsburgh +6 - The Panthers' two losses this year were against far superior teams: Utah and MIami. They turned it on last week in the fourth quarter against FIU, and I am a believer in their running attack.
 
 
Record: 24-14 (Best Bet: 3-2; Upset: 2-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment